Monday, October 3, 2011

A week full of Apple Activities!

 Jars ready for applesauce
 These smell so good cooking down!
 Grind them up
 Ok so it didn't make as many big jars as I thought! :-)
 Field trip to Indian Ladder Farms

 Listening to "Rod" about Johnny Appleseed


 Oscar's Four Year Old Class
 Best Buds

Watching apple cider being made 

 "Rosie" The highlander


 Fresh apple cider, cider doughnut and an apple
 Next for the day, Madeline at the Apple Fun Run
 Heading towards the finish line
 Pretty much the only picture with Grandma Sue


We had a great weekend with Grandma Sue being here!!  She came on Thursday afternoon.  Friday Oscar had a field trip with his Twinkling Stars class to Indian Ladder Farms.  Oscar had a great time with his class. Next we went to Lynnwood and watched Madeline run in her Apple Fun Run.  All the kids get an apple, bottle of water and bookmark when they finished.  Saturday we went over to Milford NH and was at the funeral of a great man!  We heard so much about the humility and sincerity in his life both privately and pulicly.  Thankful for such examples of this and I know its something I need to strive for!  

Sunday we meeting up at Eric Prices and then came back to Bronson's for an awesome Sunday lunch!  Delicious food and his cheesecake was pretty much the best I ever had!!  Hmmm I wonder if I should try my hand in making one of those.  Never have before.  Hope everyone had a great weekend too!  Mom left after Madeline got on the bus. Miss her already!

4 comments:

Evan and Clover and Co. said...

If you don't stress out about them cracking, cheesecakes are pretty easy. We're hoping to get out apple-picking this week-- we make between 5 and 7 gallons of applesauce a year, but I'm usually lazy and freeze it. It was good to see you on Saturday for a short time!

susan norma said...

miss you too!!! A good trip home after a great weeken. Now to wash Dad's dirty clothes:) Love ya.

Laura said...

I am SOOO happy to see you on here, alive and well! I pretty much gave up checking on it, so this was a happy s'prise. Back to the blogging like this ol' lady! Keep it up...Laura

Katie said...

Thanks Laura, do you have a link to your blog, cause the one I had didn't work, unless your private, if you are can you add me to your page, katiek823@gmail.com is my email address :-) Thanks Laura! Have fun making some applesauce Clover! Was good to see you too!!